I don’t know about other kids but one of my favorite things to do with my friends is go to the movies. I was very excited when Mr. Miller told us we were going to be talking about movies because I love them. After a really bad day I love to sit at home and watch sad movies (I know I’m a loser.) I had never really thought about why I liked going to the movies so much until Mr. Miller asked us why we like to go to the movies. This was an interesting question; it was never something I gave that much thought to. Movies are just something I like to do, it’s a tradition. One of my favorite parts of going to a movie is seeing it before everyone else just so I can brag. It’s fun to see something your other friends haven’t seen yet. This was one of the reasons we talked about in class, the fact that it was a cultural experience. Another thing we talked about was how movies are an immersive experience. The screen is so big, the theater is so quiet and dark and the movie is so loud. These are all things I can’t get at my house with my very active family and very talkative little brother. The last thing we talked about was how movies are a social experience. I love to get a lot of people together to see movies together. It’s kind of weird to see a movie by yourself because society has made it such a social experience. You go with people so you can share the immersive experience with one another. These reasons are so obvious but at the same time no one really thinks about why people love movies. Everyone just goes to the movies without even really thinking about it. It was cool to finally understand why movies have stuck around so long, and why they will continue to stick around, even when newer technologies are invented.
No comments:
Post a Comment