Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Class Response-- Recordings

Recordings have truly influenced my life. Though I don’t record much because of them I do listen to the end result all the time. I love country music. I love the story it discusses and though I can't relate to their lifestyle as much I feel like I can relate to the messages that are talked about in the songs. Most people believe that country music is just about tractors and getting drunk and dogs. Its so much more if you listen to the message that the song is its about love and making mistakes and not caring what people think of you along with being who you are and not looking back. I make A LOT of mistakes and I have trouble with being stuck on the past and so worried about the future.
In the song “Life ain't always beautiful” by Gary Allan (Yes I realize how terrible the grammar is) it says “But the struggles make you stronger and the changes make you wise and happiness has its way of taking its own sweet time. Life ain't always beautiful tears will fall sometimes. Life isn't always beautiful but its a great ride.” with school, friend drama and stress for the future put on my parents and myself this song truly relates. Though life isn't always beautiful and tears will definitely fall when I feel like nothing is going right it’s amazing to find a song that sums up your feelings. This is made possible because of recordings. Before recordings you have to go to a concert to hear music. You couldn't just listen to songs that fit the mood you are in. also when you did go to concerts your parents had to be rich. For a while after they were created you and your parents had to agree on the type of music that would be played in the house. My parents don't like country music or really any of the music I listen to so that makes it hard to get the same experiences that we have today. After the personal record player was invented and was cheap music really took off. This caused a larger generational gap in what ages listen to what music. It also caused a wider variety of music to be produced. All of these innovations helped music get to where it is today and help influence peoples lives.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tjaaim9nL.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment