I completely agree with Meghan’s post about demassification, Meghanelizabethjewell.blogspot.com. Before technologies like the internet and TV the radio and magazines and newspapers were at an all-time high. Then they came along and caused all of those to lose a lot of audience members and focus on a niche group of people. I have issues though with the realization that television is becoming demassified. I can’t seem to get it into my head. With all the illegal downloads of shows and the various websites you really don’t need to watch “that episode” that’s going to change the whole plot on TV right that second. You easily could watch it on the internet when it is convenient. What you said about internet becoming demassified is crazy but true. I can’t even imagine what will replace it but I know something will someday. So I guess I’m just going to have to wait and see what crazy invention they come up with next!
No comments:
Post a Comment